onsdag 21. oktober 2015

Sleeping Beauty

I made this layout for the October Sketch Challenge at Blue Fern Studios.

I used different strips of paper, mainly from 7 Dots Studio and Poppydesign, to make the collage background. And I glued/sealed it all with Soft Gloss Gel. When it was completely dry, I used Gesso mixed with water to create a whitewashed look.
The chipboard piece is of course from Blue Fern Studios, and is called Circle Flourish Small. I decided to just keep it plain, since it went so well with the colors and the photo.
The title just had to be "sleeping beauty". My daughter took a little siesta this summer, waiting for us to get ready for dinner.... The letters are stickers from Websters Pages.
Some random background stamping before I added some cheesecloth, and then the photo. White splatters made with Gesso and gold splatters with Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.
The flowers are mainly Prima, with a few roses stuck inbetween. And some pearls to finish it all.

And this is the sketch I tried to follow. Or at least, was very inspired by..... :-)

1 kommentar:

Valerie S sa...

What an adorable "sleeping beauty". I love how you have used the chipboard frame to bring the focus to the photo. Thank you for joining us at Blue Fern Studios for our sketch challenge this month.