torsdag 22. februar 2018

Challenge - More Than Words - February

This is my take on the February Challenge at More Than Words. The assignment was word inspiration: Forever and creative inspiration: Hearts.
I decided to take a slightly different approach than my original plan (using wedding pictures...), and make a page about my favourite band. Something I've been planning to do for a long time.
The photo was taken by me at a Metallica-concert in 2015.
The papers are mainly from 7 Dots Studio. I first sketched a big heart, then glued strips of old bookpages, and finally used my sewing machine.
I added some clear gesso to the page, before using a pencil + water to create som shade around the heart. 
Distress Oxide + water to add some blue color, and then lots of stamping, using stamps from Carabelle and Prima.
The stars are made with metallic tape and embossing folders.
Layers of paper behind the photo, combined with chipboard from SnipArt, punchinella, and die cuts from Sizzix.
The word 'forever' is a Dymo strip, and 'Rock!' is created the same way as the stars, using a die from Spellbinders.
The last embellishments are actual picks and buttons from Metallica, and the bracelet from the concert.

I had so much fun making this page. And since I'm also going to their show in Krakow in April, there might be new photos to use...

This is the image board from More Than Words:

7 kommentarer:

Lemon Creation sa...

This is very fresh and beautiful take on our love challenge on More Than WOrds! Beautiful LO!I've seen Metallica in concert as well- so really relating here;) Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words! Hugs, Asia

Heather McMahon sa...

Oh this is fantastic! It's very different from the wedding photos you were going to use! I love that stitching and the cool, grungy look. So glad you could join us at More Than Words.

Unknown sa...

Wow !! Lovely take on our challenge !! Metallica , love of mine too !! Like the heart you made !! Thanks for for playing along with us at More Than Words!<3

langeatheart sa...

Awesome take on our challenge this month! So unique! I love all the different techniques you used! All the best from MTW! :)

Janice Nicholls sa...

Love what you have created for our challenge. Fabulous colours, details and design. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

Nicole Doiron sa...

I absolutely adore your original take on this challenge! Love that heart! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

anne jorunn sa...

OMG!! Me loves! Ser at du har hatt det gøy når du lagte denne! :-)